Thursday, April 24, 2008

Comfort Foods

Holy Cow! It is really hard to express the way I feel about all of the support I have received throughout this whole thing. First, my family rallied to my side with offers to come take care of me (and my family) through the chemo process. They are all chomping at the bit to come be with me and show their love. Even my baby sister, who at age 20 probably has much more fun and interesting things to do with her summer, immediately booked a reservation to come take care of us! My in-laws are dying to come down here, too! My mom has been here for almost 2 weeks and it has been fun to visit with her. My family ROCKS! But, being a military wife, sometimes I felt like I didn't have the friends I could have if I were nailed down somewhere. Not true! Friends and supporters are coming out of the woodwork to help us. One of my friends has been organizing meals (complete with spreadsheets and call rosters!). She has had such a response that we are booked for meals until the end of May! I have NEVER eaten so well. Really! I'm afraid I'm going to get fat on chemo. I have been eating very well and having lasagna and homemade cakes and cookies laying around makes it much easier! I would never usually eat nearly this much! What has been such a true blessing is to see how awesome people really are. I have received notes from ladies at church, a free glamorous haircut from my hairdresser, flowers on my doorstep, gifts to encourage me, meals!, e-mails, cards, and an awesome hat party! I don't think I'll ever want to leave these friends! I might make Chris stay here forever!

No comments: