Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hooray for BEDHEAD!

It's been too long since my last post, I know. I have been so busy! Last time I posted, I had just started radiation. Now, I am almost done. I have 36 total treatments to receive and have received 29 so far. I should be done the Monday after Thanksgiving. My main side effects are fatigue and skin irritation. Actually, it's more than irritation, it's a burn. I have a mild sunburn to most of my breast and part of my underarm area and a small area that is pretty severe. It is raw and I can't wear a bra of any kind because the straps rub it. Good thing it's sweater weather so nobody can tell my going around town without a bra!

The hair is growing back! I have actually had several compliments on it. I'm just glad to have it! I was definately awkward growing back in, but now it almost looks like a hairstyle. I have actually been excited this week to wake up with BEDHEAD! Now, that's sad. I also had to pluck my eyebrows the other day and was able to curl and apply mascara to my new eyelashes. Yea!!!

1 comment:

Kacee said...

Look at your hair!! Woohoo! I loved reading about your kids. If only we were closer...I'm sure Spencer would love to be in Alex's band of boys. And thanks for the head's up on the junky cupcake maker. I'll keep that in mind to steer clear of that thing! Another friend told me something similar, even. So I consider myself warned!